Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dream Journals #2

Hey all! I recently came across a bunch of dream journals that I wrote throughout the summer and fall of 2010 and some scattered throughout 2011. I started reading through some of them I found them mostly bizarre, non-sensical, and hilarious. So I'm going to post one or two everyday until there are no more. So without further adieu, I present my dreams. There are obviously some that are NSFW, so I won't be posting those. Sorry, folks.

[Note: At points, I may add my own commentary from now, usually to fill in context. I will put this commentary in brackets, like so.]

August 8th, 2010

     Mike, Matt, Zach, Maryrose, myself, and few other people who I don't remember were in a class together doing video projects. Mike and Matt area team, Zach and I were a team, and Maryrose was teamed up with some other person. We present our video and for whatever reason, Mike and Matt have to redo theirs. They were reenacting a scene from Dumb and Dumber. They asked me to help them out because I am relatively experienced in video production. I told them I would help. [What makes this better is that in real life, Mike recently had a dream where he was making movies and he asked me a number of times to help him make one in real life for the same reason.]

     So we were on the sidewalk in some neighborhood, presumably their's. Mike was trying to memorize his lines but he just couldn't do it. He and Matt go through different ways to try and get him to remember them. I told them to use cue cards because it will be easiest. I continued on by saying that I even saw cue cards being used in their first video because one accidentally went into the frame. They insisted that what I saw never happened, but I was certain that I saw it. While they continued rehearsing lines [that in reality they would know by heart since they were children], I wrote Mike's lines on some cue cards that we apparently had. I held them up for Mike to see. He told me that it would never work. I told him to at least give it a try. He did, and low and behold, it worked perfectly. After all is said and done, they re-presented their video and they got a good grade, despite what happened. The teacher then presented the next project which involved an on-screen kiss. Rather than small groups, the class was split in half, and to top it off, for some reason it became assumed by everyone that I was going to be kissing Maryrose [Now, what I haven't mentioned is that I had a crush on Maryrose from like... 5th grade to 6th or 7th grade, so when this came up so many years later, I was like wtf?]. I was like, "Holy fuck... after all this time...? Seriously?" It was at this point that I remembered about Kelly [who was a good friend of mine and whom I ALSO had a major crush on throughout 2010...]. I tried to change Maryrose into Kelly to make the whole situation less weird, but for some reason I couldn't. But thankfully I woke up, so it's fine.

----------------------

[I normally write these in present tense, and changing it all over to past is difficult, so I'm keeping them as they are.]

August 11th, 2010

     I was cast in a pretty minor role in a movie starring Robert Downey Jr. and Joseph Gordon Levitt. The scene I was in was with Levitt. It took place in a factory and I'm fairly certain it was a choreographed dance sequence. My part involved pushing a rolling bed while Levitt danced atop it with his female co-star whilst I danced. It was a rehearsal and it ended with me tripping and Levitt falling off the bed, stepping on my face and one of my teeth falling out. To avoid a lawsuit, the production company gave me a ticket to the premiere of another movie of their's. I was also to go with Levitt and Downey. They had to go to the premiere as a group to help promote the movie that we were working on. 

     We go to the premiere and it turns out that Downey doesn't know bout me. I try to talk to him because we got separated from Levitt and everyone else. So I'm trying to get him to turn around and I can tell he's trying to get away from me. I put my hand on his shoulder and he ducks down and dodges left. He then goes and grabs an Iron Man mask from someone going to the premiere dressed as Iron Man... [At this point, your guess is as good as mine.] So I end up losing him in the crowd and he has the tickets... So I'm looking around for anyone that I know that was with the group, but I can't find anyone. The premiere is also at a theatre on the lake, so this is all taking place on a boardwalk. I turn, looking out at the lake and the rest of the city on my left. I see a huge billboard on the city side for a Batman-Superman WWE super event [Like I said, I have no clue either]. Below it was a billboard for the next Thor movie [and the first one hadn't even come out yet].

     So I'm stuck out on the boardwalk without the people I'm supposed to be with and no ticket... The movie begins and soon, I'm one of just a handful of people left outside. I'm sitting there, eating cotton candy that I got from one of the many concession vendors outside of the theatre, when suddenly Joseph Gordon Levitt comes up behind me and asks me where I've been. I tell him what happened and he pulls out a little red rubber ball from his pocket and tells me how Downey has one also and that if either of them presses in on the ball, it acts as a panic button so that the other can get them out of there and get hidden from crazy people [....]. He goes on to explain that Downey had no idea who I was or what had happened that got me in this position, so he thought I was some nut case stalker. It turns out the movie wasn't over yet and Levitt wanted to get out of the theatre before the crowd. So he and I became good friends after that. He tells me that he has a wedding that he has to go to but he no longer has a date, so he asked if I wanted to come along [At this point, I can only presume this sounds like this is leading to Levitt and I becoming a gay couple, but I can assure you, it was a gesture of good faith to make up for what had happened, and like I said, he and I became friends.] The wedding was for Michael Jackson or Prince of someone like that, I can't remember. Levitt introduced me to Will Ferrell and talked and had lunch together. It was pretty fucking sweet. I don't know if we ever finished the movie we were working on after that though...

------------------------

August 14th, 2010

     I was working with a G.I. Joe team to help extract some files from some bank-looking place. I was given an Uzi and I had no clue what the fuck I was doing [well, that's typical]. Anyway, we get the files and I was the first to exit the bank. As I run out, a Cobra drop ship comes down and starts letting out troops to come kills us. They don't see me right away, so I start shooting before the rest of the Joes come out. I start running into the parking lot, past them, looking for cover. I take down two guys out of like ten... As I'm running, I feel these sharp pains in my back, my right side, and the left side of my jaw. They were shooting me up. The pain was the same type of pain as a previous dream where my neighbor, Ralph shot me twice with shotgun at point-blank range. By the time you're dead, you stop feeling the pain though. You actually feel pretty relaxed as the world slows down around you. Your body becomes heavier and heavier until you finally collapse on the ground and fall asleep, and die.

-----------------------

     Well, that's all, folks! Like I said, I'm going to be putting these up every day until I'm out of them, so tune in tomorrow for another set of em. In the meantime, I leave you with "That was just a dream," by Cut Copy. Enjoy!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment