Wednesday, December 14, 2011

That Fresh Feeling

Well, I was woken up suddenly this morning when Toby, my sister's dog, decided to jump up on my bed and wake me up. I was in the middle of a dream, which I predicted would happen. I don't remember much of any of it though, due to being awoken so suddenly... I DO, however, remember that it wasn't really anything special, so it's not that big of a deal.

Today is actually taking an odd course of events that I wasn't planning on. My dad wants me to go to the office at some point this week, and he wanted to today, but I can't. Last night, my friend, Colin, texted me asking if I was in 'Zurichland' (We live is Lake Zurich, or at least he does, I'm in a neighborhood just outside of it). Anyway, he has a small swamp just out back of his house and he asked if I would help get rid of all the weeds and tall grasses back there as to help transform the area into a small ice rink. I said, "Sure," as it would be a good opportunity to catch up and hang out and talk about secret projects we have going on this winter break- Secret Halo projects. ;). Anyhoozle, I generally live a relatively sedentary lifestyle, so I thought this would also be a good chance to get outside and do something, maybe even break a sweat (That's right ladies).

The only problem now, is the weather. It's pretty shitty outside due to the cold rain that won't turn into awesome snow. Colin just texted me saying pretty much the same thing. He was under the impression that it would be nice outside today. Oh well, assuming this still happens, I'll just have to dress in layers. Oh fuck, I need boots too. I'm not sure if I have any... So I suppose I'll have to go to Dick's or something and buy a cheap-o pair. But in order to do all of this, I'll need to get out of bed first... Derp.

I'll be continuing this blog post later tonight after all is said and done. So I'll be re-sharing it on twitter and facebook. I'll also put in the song then as well, since I am on my phone right now and I don't believe it has that capability. So check back later.

Until later tonight...

     Part Deux:


      *Sigh...* My legs are fucking tired. But today was good. I bought new boots and gloves for today's venture and it's a damn good thing I did too. We are above our knees in freezing water. Once I got in though and it proceeded to fill my boots and both pairs of pants (that sounds vaguely dirty...), it wasn't that bad. I just had to keep moving so as not to get stuck in the mud, which was like quick sand.


     Colin also let me equip a sweet machete was fucking awesome to use on the tall grass. I felt as though I was a lone warrior slicing through countless enemies that cut down like butter. And past that wee bit of personal awesomeness, Colin and I also talked extensively on the timeline of Halo and how certain things occurred and what followed. I was, of course, happy to oblige to explaining it all. Towards the end, we talked about my blog and its purpose. He told me that he doesn't want to read it because he would rather just talk about it. Not about the blog, but the subjects in which I talk about. We discussed certain philosophical viewpoints that each of us shared and thought about.

     In short, today was really nice. I don't get out and do actual manual labor, but I didn't mind it too much. Take it for what you will because that's been my entire day.



     Now Andrew Koziara, better known as Kozi, is here and we are catching up on everything, as we haven't really seen each other since the tail end of this past summer. Writing this is continue to prove more difficult as we are also discussing Halo and gaming aesthetics. Now Colin is doing a schtick on why Pablo Picasso is a terrible artist compared to other artists that make their work more realistic. The more he continues, the more I lose the point of it. Oh well. We're all entitled to our opinions I suppose.



      So this is where I'll end it. I leave you with "That Fresh Feeling," by The Eels. Enjoy.




Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment