Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tomorrowland

     Hey all, switching back to the normal format for a couple days. As I was writing yesterday's blog which was a Halo one, I began to want to talk about just what was going on. Thankfully I held off and I have a longer blog today because of it. So here we are

     The Hobbit trailer came out yesterday and I am pretty fucking excited for it. I love Lord of the Rings. I did the extended LotR marathon 4 separate times this past semester. I need some new fantasy-genre movies that don't suck. That coupled with the Dark Knight Rises trailer? Whoo, am I excited for these movies. Although something with The Dark Knight Rises seems off to me.

     Now, this is going to get some negative feedback, but hear me out. I could see, despite how good the trailer looked, that the new batman movie could, and possibly will suck terribly. Nolan doesn't seem to care what gets leaked, as we've seen so many things from camera phones. Haven't heard of security, Nolan? No one can understand what Bane is saying and evidently, Anne Hathaway has been getting some criticism because of how her voice sounds. Nolan has stated that he isn't changing either problem. Plus, if it sucks, it will leave us wanting another batman movie to make up for it. How many batman movies have there been now? Having this one suck will allow the studios to reboot the series in a few years. You see it happening even now with Spider-Man. You just wait. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't rule out the possibility that TDKR is going to be bad.

     I got back into contact with Volgi today, thanks to Rojek. So there are currently plans in the works for us tonight. Dan will hopefully join us as well. I also talked with Mike today and according to him, he, Matt, and myself are hanging out on Friday, when Matt gets back from Madison.

     I was out in the hot tub yesterday afternoon and it finally began to snow. It was so pleasant to be in the hot water, while still getting snowed on. But an odd thing occurred once the snow began to fall. Across my deck is a tall tree and near the top was a squirrel yelling. And I mean like actually yelling. It made some pattern of noises and then shrieked twice, and would repeat that for the next like... ten minutes or so. I couldn't help but imagine that it was calling out the snow to his fellow squirrel friends, possibly a scout team for a larger squirrel city or civilization. This squirrel's job would be to warn his fellow squirrel brethren that was  

     My fantasy football league is coming to a close and I finally lost last week, so this coming week, I'll be playing for 3rd place. Hopefully I'll win so that I can have it twice in a row, plus I'll get paid if I win this match, albeit only my money back.

     I played a game of Heroica, which is one of those Lego board games. It's like a demi version of Dungeons and Dragons. What's cool though is that you can connect all 4 sets and have them be one big game board. Plus it doesn't cost nearly as much as D&D does. And if you alter the rules, it makes the game much more fun to play and doesn't even guarantee that there will be a winner at the end of it. If you die in the game, that's that. You're dead and unless you have the right combination of items, you aren't coming back to see the end. It's good for what I want, something a bit faster and I can do on my own time or with a few other people. If you like LEGO and are like me with D&D and don't want to spend too much, check out Heroica.

     I'm also now watching Limitless with Rojek right now. For those that haven't seen it, it's a very underrated movie and you should see it. It's on Netflix streaming or on itunes to rent or buy. It's with Bradley Cooper if you really have no clue what I'm talking about.

     I know this blog ended up being rather short, but oh well. Rojek just showed me this video of a music festival called Tomorrowland. I know the title has nothing to do with the various subject matters of this blog, but I thought it'd be cool to show. I'm not one for crowded music festivals or anything like that, but this place looks like it'd be a blast to go to, albeit when it's not crowded and full of sweaty people. Enjoy!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment